Today we're going to do something a little different and share a fun, easy recipe that we really enjoyed! Hannah and I were really excited last week to hear that our parents' backyard peach tree had produced some peaches that were ripe enough to eat. Our mom had the great idea to incorporate the backyard peaches with some blueberries to makes a delicious gluten free cobbler.
For the peach and blueberry cobbler, our mom adapted this super-easy recipe from Gluten Free with Southern Charm, adjusting some of the steps based on our own old family recipes.
We hope that you enjoy! This one was even easy enough for me (a girl who can barely boil water), and it sure did come out great! Pro tip: try it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream...
1 cup blueberries
2 regular-sized peaches, cut into small pieces
1 cup gluten-free Bisquick
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1 stick of butter
1) Preheat over to 350 degrees. While the oven is preheating, melt the butter by placing it in an 8x8 pan and putting it in the oven.
2) Mix Bisquick, sugar, and milk together.
3) Pour the mixture over the melted butter.
4) Place fruit over the batter and push in gently.
5) Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes until golden.